Accessing your Library Account
To access your account for placing holds or renewing items, first connect to the Library's catalog and login. You will need your Library Card Number and PIN. If you don't know your PIN, please visit one of our public service desks for assistance. Your photo ID will be required in order for us to retrieve your PIN.
For questions, please call us at 406-657-8258.
To renew an item online, first connect to the Library's catalog and login with your library card number and PIN.
- Then click on the Checkouts tab.
- Choose the items you wish to renew and put a checkmark in the boxes by those items.
- Then click the RENEW button.
- The new due dates will appear on the checkouts list.
- Remember to log out of your account if you are on a public computer.
Items that are already overdue cannot be renewed online. Items that are on hold for someone else cannot be renewed. Items can only be renewed twice; if you try to renew for a third time, you will get a notice to that effect from the catalog.
You may also call our staff for assistance with renewals during regular business hours at 406-657-8258.
To place a hold on an item, first connect to the Library's catalog.
- Enter a search term in the "Search" field and press enter or click one of the category types in the dropdown box to the left of the search box, such as All Fields - Title - Author - Subject etc
- When the results display, locate the item you wish, ensuring it is in the correct format - book, DVD, etc.
- Click on the blue button labeled 'Place a Hold' at the right of the title.
- Complete the information for Card Number and PIN on the Place Hold form. this will also log you in to your library account.
- On the Place Hold pop-up, choose your pick-up location from the dropdown list.
- Finish by clicking the Place Hold button.
- Remember to log OUT of your library account when you have finished, if you are using a public computer.
Patrons with email addresses can receive hold and overdue messages via email. Please see one of our public service desks to update your account with your email information.
Text Message Communications
If you would like to receive text messages on your mobile phone for holds and overdues, .