Friday Night Fun
Free Fun on Fridays!
Every Friday evening from the week after Labor Day to the Friday before Memorial Day, the Library features a fun and free event for families. Bring the whole family down for "Friday Night Fun" and enjoy games, movies, crafts, music and exhibits. Programs are appropriate for all ages and generations. This is a great way to connect with relatives, friends and neighbors in a fun and healthy environment.
February 2018 Friday Night Fun Events
- Feb 16th: Lunar New Year Activities, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Stop by and discover how people from different cultures celebrate the New Year. Join in the fun and enjoy some treats!
- Feb 23rd: Snowman Party: Do you want to build a snowman? We will be celebrating the season with a snowman party. Join us at 6:30 for a craft, snacks and a showing of the movie “Frozen”.
March 2018 Friday Night Fun Events
- March 2: Life-size gaming: Come to the Community Room and play traditional chess and checkers, but with larger tokens or even with people instead of any tokens at all! We'll be gaming from 6:30-8 pm, so stop by and try your luck!
- March 9: Geek Out! People's Choice: The Lord of the Rings
Speak, friend, and enter; the hidden West-gate to Moria opens at 6:30pm at our next Geek Out! foray into the world of fandom. Join us for a costume contest, create bookmarks with personalized elvish names, embark on a Nine Walkers Scavenger Hunt, and enjoy Middle Earth trivia. Also on offer is our ever popular Green Screen wizardry - we may even have a special guest (hint: he wears a gray hat). Come, my precious, and join us for this magically fun Friday evening!
- March 16: St. Patrick's Day Stories and Festivities
Join us from 6:30 to 8:00 pm in the Community Room. We will enjoy St. Patrick’s Day stories, a performance by the Claddagh Academy of Irish Dance, and make a shamrock headband to wear to the parade on March 17th! You will also have an opportunity to have your picture taken with a leprechaun via green screen magic!
- March 23: Small Animal Care with Dr. Todd McLane
Dr. McLane will be sharing advice and tips on caring for your small animals from dogs and cats to hamsters and gerbils. After the talk, we will be making pet toys to be donated to the Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter. The library will be holding a donation drive for the YVAS starting on March 1st or bring your donation the night of the program.
- March 30: Legos Unleashed! Join us for an evening of brick-tastic building fun.
We’re borrowing all the LEGOs from the children’s department, so unleash your imagination and see what you can create! Doors open at 6:30pm followed by the Master Builder’s Challenge. Participate in the challenge or build and play on your own or with friends – you decide. The LEGO Movie screens at 6:45pm.*All LEGOs belong to the library and Master Works of Art will have to be broken down at the end of the evening and replaced in their bins. Please leave your personal LEGOs at home; we don’t want you to lose your special bricks by confusing them with ours!
April 2018 Friday Night Fun Events
- April 6: Geek Out, Jr! Percy Jackson & the Olympians
- April 13: Get Ready for Earth Day!
Join the Billings Master Gardeners for a family-oriented gardening get-together.
- April 27: Poetry Slam
May 2018 Friday Night Fun Events
- May 4: Geek Out! Star Wars: May the 4th Be With You!
- May 11: Fintastic Friday - Sharks, Mantas, Rays
How will you celebrate and protect sharks, skates, and rays? Let’s save sharks by celebrating them - Happy Fintastic Friday. See a free showing of Sharkboy & Lavagirl
- May 18: Mt. Saint Helens - Volcanoes
- May 25: Paracords
Summer Hours begin May 28th.
Programming is subject to change without notice. Please keep an eye on this page for updates and changes.