Sign Up Now for Summer Reading!
Get ready to rock it out this summer, with our Adult Summer Reading program. Sign-up now.
Programs, puzzles and logging for Adults are available now. Here are some upcoming program highlights:
- Weekly Puzzle Drawings. Complete a puzzle sheet each week, sign your name to it, and drop it off at the 2nd floor Help Desk by Thursday evening to be entered into Friday's drawing. Five winners will be awarded each week from the corrected puzzles! Puzzles can be picked up at the 2nd floor Help Desk, or Printed at home by following this link.
- Book Discussion Groups. We have two great books: A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan, and Life by Keith Richards. Book kit books may be checked out at the 2nd floor Help Desk.
- June 27th: Discussion for A Visit from the Goon Squad, 7:00 pm, Conference Room
- July 25th: Discussion for Life, 7:00 pm, Conference Room
- Swing into Summer Reading Block Party! Our annual Summer Reading kick-off returns the the library parking garden. Join us for music from Spur of the Moment, food, and family fun including air-brush tattoos and tie dye. Saturday, June 23rd, 11:00 - 2:00.
- Sing-Along with GREASE! You know the songs, so come sing along with the movie! Lyrics will be provided, too. Sing out loud and strong - we're in it for the fun of it. Feeling like dressing up in your 50s finery? Go for it! All ages are welcome, but please know that the film is rated PG-13 for mature content. Tuesday, July 24, 6:30 pm in the Community Room
- The Kilted Man: Matthew Gursey A Celtic music program for all ages. Enjoy music played on traditional instruments at this family friendly event! Saturday, July 28, 3:00 pm in the Community Room.
The Fellowship of the Fiber
Thursday, June 28th, 1 pm, Large Conference Room
We are the library's fiber arts enthusiasts who knit, crochet, embroider, spin, felt, and generally love fiber arts. We get together the second Tuesday and fourth Thursday of every month to talk about what we enjoy the most and share projects. If you're a newbie at the fiber craft game, we can help you learn! This is our Fellowship, we look forward to your company!
Native American Lecture Series
This ongoing series discusses issues affecting the Native American community in our area. Thursday, July 12, 7:00 pm in the Community Room.
Tai Chi for Everyone presented by the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Billings
In the Taoist tradition, a person's health depends on the harmony of body, mind, and spirit. The Taoist Tai Chi arts exercise the entire physiology, including the tendons, joints, connective tissue and the internal organs. Attendees should wear comfortable clothing that allows movement, including grip-less, flat-soled shoes, and should be prepared to sign a waiver.Thursdays at Noon in the Community Room.
Library Book Groups! The Library sponsors two book discussion groups which are sure to whet your appetite for something different:
Turning Page Book Discussion Group
uses the Library's collection of book club kits and usually meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month. We gather in the 2nd floor Reading Room at 7pm. We will be on hiatus this June and July; our next meeting will be August 22nd, when we will discuss Defending Jacob by William Landay
. Call 657-8290 to register.
LitCentric Book Discussion Groupmeets the last Tuesday of every month between January and October at 7pm in the second floor Large Conference Room. We use a combination of self-purchased copies and library book club kits. Bring your mug for coffee! We're currently reading Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.