SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Received at the Library in person, by mail or online by August 4, 2018.
RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED OR ENTRY MAY BE DISQUALIFIED
1. Eligible authors must be 8-18 years of age as of July 1, 2018.
2. A participant may submit up to 1 (one) story. This Story Submission form and completed Publication Permission checkboxes (below) must accompany the uploaded submission.
3. Stories must be no less than 1300 words and no more than 3000 words.
4. Stories must include a title page that contains only the following information:
Title - Your name - Age group - Genre
5. Begin the story on the page following the title page.
6. Entries must not have been previously published.
7. Entries must be typewritten and double-spaced on 8 ½ x 11 white paper.
8. Preferable fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri. Do not use cursive, all caps, complicated or other hard-to-read fonts.
9. If submitting online:
---- Entry Form above must be completed.
---- Complete the Publication Permission Acknowledgement check boxes and provide initials below.
---- Upload the story file with title page as described in Rule 4. File must be in PDF format and uploaded below.
---- Provide your email address below the upload box if you wish to receive a copy of your submission.
10. If submitting in person or by mail, send completed Entry and Publication Submission Form with story to:
---- Children’s Services
---- Billings Public Library
---- 510 N. Broadway
---- Billings, MT 59101
11. All story submissions MUST be received at the Library by August 4, 2018.
The Billings Public Library has permission to include my entry in the online book containing all entries in the 2018 Billings Public Library Young Author’s Competition. I retain all other copyrights for this entry. I have received and read a copy of the official rules and understand that failure to follow these rules may result in disqualification of my entry.
My acknowledgement below gives permission to the Billings Public Library to use this entry in the Billings Public Library’s Young Authors Competition for promotional purposes in any way deemed proper by the Billings Public Library without additional consent or payment to the child or anyone on the child’s behalf claiming to have right to such payment. I retain all other copyrights for this entry.
Examples of how the story may be used by the Library are: 1) It may be included with an online collection of other Young Authors stories on the Billings Public Library’s official website; or 2) It might be used in educational or promotional presentations for any Billings Public Library sponsored programs that may be included in a media broadcast or print.
There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic specification of where these materials may be distributed. The Child and the Child’s Parent/Legal Guardian agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Billings Public Library, its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, action, costs, judgments or damages of any type relating to the use of the story created for the Young Authors Contest.
I acknowledge that I have received and read a copy of the official rules and understand that failure to follow these rules may result in disqualification of my entry.
Click on "BROWSE" to locate your story. Upload your story as a PDF file only.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field