Children's Story Times
Due to precautions to impede the spread of COVID19, Billings Public Library services are closed at this time. All due dates for library materials have been extended until May 1.
Please do not return materials to the Main library downtown or the Community Library at city College.
For up-to-date and accurate information on Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit our Health & Medicine page.
Resources for Babies and Toddlers (Songs, Fingerplays, Early Literacy, etc. )
Montana State Library
Ready to Read Early Literacy Initiative
The challenge= to read 1,000 books before your child reaches kindergarten, and yes, books may be repeated.
Find resources, book lists and the link to sign up on our 1000 Books before Kindergarten page.
Books & Babies: Songs, Fingerplays, & Playtime
- Thursdays 3:15 - 4 p.m., for ages 0-2 , in the Story Tower
- Fridays 10:15 - 11 a.m., for ages 0-2, in the Story Tower
Billings Public Library Story Times
- Tuesday Story Time Tales: 10:30-11 a.m., for ages 3-6 years
- Wednesday Tales and Tots Story Time: 10:30-11 a.m., for ages 2-3 years
- Thursday Story Time Tales: 10:30 - 11 a.m., for ages 3-6 years
- Saturday Stories: 10:30 - 11:00 am, for all ages
Billings Public Library Discover the Fun!-Hands On Activities Following Story Time
- Tuesday Story Time Tales: 11:00 -11:30 a.m., for ages 3-6 years
- Wednesday Tales and Tots Story Time: 11-11:30 a.m., for ages 2-3 years
- Thursday Story Time Tales: 11- 11:30 a.m., for ages 3-6 years
- Saturday Stories: 11:00 - 11:30 a.m., for all ages
All Story Times are held in the Story Tower, unless otherwise noted. Although Story Time sessions are prepared for the ages listed, all ages are welcome to attend any Story Time session.