Happenings in Children's
We have a lot of things happening in the Children's area. Scroll down the page to find information on the program you're interested in, or call us at 657-8256.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Do you have a child not yet in kindergarten? Sign up today and foster a love of reading at an early age. Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers are all encouraged to participate.
One book a day = 1000 books before kindergarten!
Teddy Bear Sleepover Video
In honor of President Teddy Roosevelt's birthday, Billings Public Library invited all 'teddy bears" to bring their favorite person to celebrate the 33rd annual "Good Bear Day" on October 26th. The bears and stuffed friends had a very fun sleepover at the Library.....see what they got up to here!
Story Time with MSU-B's Service Saturday
Saturday, November 16th
Story Tower and Craft Corner
10:30 am - 11:30 am
- As a part of MSUB’s Service Saturday promoting education; student, staff, and faculty volunteers will participate in a special “On the Farm” Story Time.
- Stay after story time for a farm-themed sensory bin Discover the Fun activity.
- All children welcome
- No registration required
Make and Take Slime Craft
Monday, November 18th
3:00 pm - 4:45 pm
- Have you ever wanted to learn how to make your own slime?
- Clean-up begins at 4:45 pm.
- No registration is required!
- All children under the age of 8 MUST be accompanied by an adult for supervision.
Winter Holidays Story Time and Discover the Fun featuring the Master Gardeners
Thursday, December 5th
Story Tower and Craft Corner
- Join us for Winter Holidays Story Time followed by a lesson on the importance of seeds in winter. Even in winter we must remember 3 little words to help protect our environment. Play, Clean, Go!
- Learn how fast "alien invader" plants can take over native habitats. Kids will learn how seeds travel, and impacts of noxious weeds
- Decorate pinecone ornaments with native seeds to help them travel
R.E.A.D. to a Dog
Saturday, December 7th
11am - Noon
- Each reader will have the chance to read to one dog
- All children who are readers are welcome
- Registration is the day of the program at the Children's desk
- Space is limited
- More Information on R.E.A.D.
Available online now!
Log in and enjoy an interactive learning environment where the youngest explorers have fun while immersed in content and tools that will prepare them for a successful educational journey!
- Games and Activities
Available now in the Children's Area!
Make learning and literacy development more exciting with VOX Books. VOX Books are physical books equipped with an audio player that narrates to children as they follow along.
- Hardcover book with full audio recording
- Headphone jack for individual learning and a built-in speaker
- Fully portable– the rechargeable battery allows up to 100 listens per charge and no Wi-Fi or data are required
- Easy set up– simply push a button to listen and read, from beginning to end