SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Received at the Library in person, by mail or online by April 3, 2020 at 8 pm.
RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED OR ENTRY MAY BE DISQUALIFIED
1. Entries must have a title page and contain the following information:
Your name - Age group - Title of each poem submitted
2. A participant may submit up to 3 (three) poems. Each poem must be on a separate page and contain title, but no names.
3. There is no entry fee.
4. There is no limit of word, line, or stanza length on poems.
5. Entries must not have been previously published.
6. Entries judged on: originality, complexity, language and imagery, editing and proofreading, and careful arrangement of poetic techniques.
7. If submitting online:
---- Entry Form above must be completed.
---- File format should be Microsoft Word or PDF.
---- Complete the Publication Permission Acknowledgement check boxes and provide initials below.
---- Upload the poem file with title page as described in Rule 1. File must be in Word or PDF format and uploaded below.
---- Provide your email address below the upload box if you wish to receive a copy of your submission.
8. If submitting in person or by mail:
---- Use letter-size white paper for the poem
---- Complete the paper version of the Entry and Publication Submission Form
---- Send all to:
-------- Patrick Landry, Circulation Services
-------- Billings Public Library
-------- 510 N. Broadway
-------- Billings, MT 59101
9. All poem submissions MUST be received at the Library by April 3, 2020 at 8 pm.
The Billings Public Library has permission to include my entry in the online book containing all entries in the 2020 Billings Public Library National Poetry Month Celebration Contest. I retain all other copyrights for this entry. I have received and read a copy of the official rules and understand that failure to follow these rules may result in disqualification of my entry.
My acknowledgement below hereby assigns, transfers, or otherwise conveys, all rights, titles and interest in and to the Billings Public Library to use this entry in the Billings Public Library’s National Poetry Month Celebration Contest for promotional purposes in any way deemed proper by the Billings Public Library without additional consent or payment to the participant or anyone on the participant's behalf claiming to have right to such payment. I retain all other copyrights for this entry.
Examples of how poems may be used are:
1) Included with an online collection of other poetry (children, teen, or adult) on the Billings Public Library’s official website;
2) Educational or promotional presentations for any Billings Public Library sponsored programs that may be included in a media broadcast or print.
There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic specification of where these materials may be distributed. The Participant or the Participant's Parent/Legal Guardian agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Billings Public Library, its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, action, costs, judgments or damages of any type relating to the use of the poem created for the Billings Public Library National Poetry Month Celebration Contest.
I acknowledge that I have received and read a copy of the official rules and understand that failure to follow these rules may result in disqualification of my entry.
*Required if Participant is a minor
Click on "BROWSE" to locate your poem. Upload it as a Word or PDF file only.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field