Sign Up Now for Summer Reading!
Get ready to rock it out this summer, with our Adult Summer Reading program. Sign-up now.
Programs, puzzles and logging for Adults are available now. Here are some upcoming program highlights:
- Book Discussion Groups. Read Life by Keith Richards. Book kit books may be checked out at the 2nd floor Help Desk.
- July 25th: Discussion for Life, 7:00 pm, Conference Room
- Sing-Along with GREASE! You know the songs, so come sing along with the movie! Lyrics will be provided, too. Sing out loud and strong - we're in it for the fun of it. Feeling like dressing up in your 50s finery? Go for it! All ages are welcome, but please know that the film is rated PG-13 for mature content. Tuesday, July 24, 6:30 pm in the Community Room.
- The Kilted Man: Matthew Gursey Enjoy music played on traditional instruments! “Matthew Gurnsey began performing at a very young age and has appeared on hundreds of stages nationally and internationally, delighting thousands with his Scottish swagger and homespun charm. Matt especially honed his Celtic skills while living in Scotland among the people and culture that are his heritage and the inspiration for his music.”* His program includes Irish and Scottish music performed on traditional instruments such as the concertina, bodhran and mandolin. Saturday, July 28, 3:00 pm in the Community Room. *from http://www.thekiltedman.com/about-matthew/
- Brunch of Champions! You made it over the finish line and earned 2000 points in this year's Adult Summer Reading program. Come and celebrate with a free brunch. We will play games and talk about books, draw door prizes, and announce the big winners for the year! Saturday, August 4th, at 10:30 in the Community Room. Please RSVP, and print your Completion Certificate to present at the door.
The Fellowship of the Fiber
Thursday, July 26th, 1 pm, Large Conference Room
We are the library's fiber arts enthusiasts who knit, crochet, embroider, spin, felt, and generally love fiber arts. We get together the second Tuesday and fourth Thursday of every month to talk about what we enjoy the most and share projects. If you're a newbie at the fiber craft game, we can help you learn! This is our Fellowship, we look forward to your company!
Photography Series: Basic Photography with Bailey
Tuesday, Aug. 7th, 4pm Computer Classroom
Learn the basics of cameras, how to get the proper exposure using the manual setting on our DSLR cameras! Registration required. Call 657-8290.
Native American Lecture Series
RESCHEDULED FROM JULY 12 - Blackfeet writer Sterling HolyWhiteMountain will be speaking on the complicated issue of blood quantum. As someone who is passionately involved in his community on the Blackfeet reservation, there is a certain irony in that fact that he is not eligible to be enrolled as an actual member of his own tribe, and there are many like him. This ongoing series discusses issues affecting the Native American community in our area. Thursday, August 9, 7:00 pm in the Community Room.
Tai Chi for Everyone presented by the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Billings
In the Taoist tradition, a person's health depends on the harmony of body, mind, and spirit. The Taoist Tai Chi arts exercise the entire physiology, including the tendons, joints, connective tissue and the internal organs. Attendees should wear comfortable clothing that allows movement, including grip-less, flat-soled shoes, and should be prepared to sign a waiver.Thursdays at Noon in the Community Room.
Library Book Groups! The Library sponsors two book discussion groups which are sure to whet your appetite for something different:
Turning Page Book Discussion Group
uses the Library's collection of book club kits and usually meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month. We gather in the 2nd floor Reading Room at 7pm. We will be on hiatus this June and July; our next meeting will be August 22nd, when we will discuss Defending Jacob by William Landay
. Call 657-8290 to register.
LitCentric Book Discussion Groupmeets the last Tuesday of every month between January and October at 7pm in the second floor Large Conference Room. We use a combination of self-purchased copies and library book club kits. Bring your mug for coffee! We're currently reading Sally Ride: America's First Woman in Space by Lynn Sherr.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.