Welcome to Autumn!
Explore Tech Exhibit at the Library through October 5th.
See how engineering provides solutions to better meet human needs and develops sustainable innovations for the future, and how engineers create new technologies to solve problems. Come to our series of special programs about engineering.
Gardening Series: Fall Gardening
Join Pat from Canyon Creek Nursery as she talks about how to put your garden to bed for the winter. Topics will include how to amend soil and divide perennials. Thanks to the Yellowstone County Master Gardeners for cosponsoring this event.
Wednesday, Sept. 19th 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm, Community Room.
Celtic Fingerstyle Guitarist Jerry Barlow Returns to BPL
Thursday, September 20th at 7:00 pm in the Community Room.
We are pleased to welcome acclaimed Celtic guitarist Jerry Barlow back to Billings! A warm and accessible performer, his music is a mix of traditional styles from the British Isles and his own Celtic inspired songs.
October is Family History Month - Join us for a fun month of genealogy!
The Tuesday genealogy classes will consist of two parts: the class from 2-3 pm, then individual research from 3-4 pm. The Yellowstone Genealogy Forum (YGF) will provide Genealogy Room assistance from 3-5 pm on Tuesdays. The Thursday presentations will be from 4:00-6:00pm. All classes are in the 2nd floor Computer Classroom except for Thursday 25 Oct in the Community Room.
- Tuesday, October 2nd, 2-4 pm – What did you research last summer? Review the family group sheet, census internet search and family interviews.
- Tuesday, October 9th, 2-4 pm – Writing family stories P.J. Smith of the YGF will show you how to organize and present your story from documents.
- Tuesday, October 16th, 2-4 pm – Online Family Trees Adding new information through hints, documents, and other trees.
- Thursday October 18th, 4-6 pm – How to use Find a Grave P.J. Smith of the YGF will demonstrate how to locate your family plots.
- Tuesday, October 23rd, 2-4 pm – Archives on the internet Locate facts for people, families, cities, military units and more.
- Thursday October 25th, 4-6 pm – Community Room – Homestead Dreams presented by Hal Stearns through Humanities Montana – Stearns will describe the American West’s last great land rush and the drought and depression that followed.
- Tuesday, October 30th, 2-4 pm – Discover the Montana Memory Project (MMP) and the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA). Cassie Baker and Gavin Woltjer will demonstrate how the MMP and DPLA can help you find facts and pictures about relatives and the places they lived.