Library Computers for Public Use
At this time the public computers are not in service.
The Library is open Mon - Fri 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. CLOSED Sat & Sun
CURBSIDE PICK-UP service continues Mon - Fri from 11 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Find more information about changes to our services visit our FAQs page.
To use any Library Computer:
- The patron must have a valid library card if a resident of Montana or proof of out-of-state residence (driver's license) to use a guest card.
- Internet terminals may be used for a total of one hour each day on a first-come, first- served basis or by reservation through the PC Reservation system. Additional time is available in 15-minute increments up to 2 hours if no one is waiting for computer time.
- Cardholders will need their card number to sign on to a terminal.
- Visitors must get assistance from the Reference or Youth Services staff for guest card access.
- Persons desiring to make a reservation before coming to the Library may call the Reference Desk at (406) 657-8290 for adult or teen computer reservations, or the Children's Desk at (406) 657-8256 for a children's computer. Reservations may not be made more than 7 days in advance.
Printing, Scanning, and Faxing at the Library
All public computers at the library print to common printers. Black and white printing costs $0.20 (20 cents) per page. Color printing costs $0.50 (50 cents) per page. There are two print-release stations, one on each floor. These are coin-operated stations. The second floor has a black and white printer, a color printer, and a scanner/fax machine. The first floor has only a black and white printer. Any document printed from any public computer can be printed from either of the two release stations, but if color printing is desired, the document must be printed from the 2nd floor release station.
Use of the library's scanner to save documents to a USB drive or to email them is free. Faxing costs $0.50 (50 cents) per page. The scanner/fax machine is at the second floor release station.
eBooks, Audiobooks, Music & Other Electronic Resources
The Library offers eBooks and downloadable audiobooks through Montana Library to Go, and classic eBooks through rbDigital. Get downloadable music through and downloadable magazines through rbDigital. Other electronic resources include databases, Universal Class, and Mango Languages.
Filtered & Unfiltered Internet Computers
The library has filtered and unfiltered internet terminals for adults and filtered internet access for Teens on the second floor. Also available is filtered access in Children's Services on the ground floor. These are available at no charge whenever the Library is open. Time slots are available an hour at a time, using the automated reservation system. All public computers are networked to a printer; printing costs $0.20 per page for black and white, $0.50 per page for color. A robust broadband internet connection for wired and wireless access is generously provided by Integra Communications.
All public Internet stations have Microsoft Office Suite 2010: Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Access. There are also four database PCs with office applications available for public use on the second floor. Programs available include the Microsoft Office Suite 2010 and easy access to all the library's research databases. General internet access is not available from the database computers.
The Microsoft Office Suite 2010 is also available for Teens on the Teen Games computers in the Teen Pit on the 2nd floor.
There are two assistive stations available at the second floor computer commons for anyone with vision impairments. These computers all have internet, Microsoft Office Suite 2010, Zoom Text software, large-type keyboards, and a document magnifier with associated software. Time slots are available an hour at a time using the automated reservation system.
Teen & Children Areas
Teen and Children's computers are available only to patrons ages 17 and under. Terminals in the Children's Services and Teen Pit areas use a filtered browser.